Talent Show Photos & DVDs
If you are looking to check out the photos from our AMAZING talent show, go to: http://www.HighScorePhotos.com.
After you register, go to FIND YOUR TEAM
In the seach field, enter MALCOM ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Malcom parents receive special prices on digital downloads or prints!
* * * * *
Our Malcom Mariners rocked the stage at the talent show last Thursday! And a DVD of the show is now available for purchase. Each DVD is $15. Please find an order form attached. Simply complete the form, attach a check, and drop this in the PTA box in the front office. Forms also are available in the front office. If you have any questions please contact Yesmin Seligson or Kathy Tam at email@example.com.
4/30 - 2nd Grade Open House
Dear parents of second grade scholars, please join us for our 2nd grade Open House Ancestors program.
We will begin at 6:00 in the MPR, followed by open classrooms. Don’t miss this opportunity to watch your second grade scholar shine!
5/1 - Save the Date
“S'MORE RST's PLEASE!”
Malcom Parents - Get a babysitter and come out for a great night on the beach supporting the Friends of Malcom while enjoying the beautiful sunset, great food, and s’mores! This is an important night for Friends of Malcom. It kicks off our direct drive which is so important to meet our fundraising goal for 2014/15.
May 1st, 2015
6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Monarch Bay Beach Club
Tickets - $65/each and must be purchased before the event. Tickets will not be sold at the door.
Tickets include Taco Cart, Adult beverages, Firepit and S'mores! So Much Fun!
Ticket order forms can be found on the Friends of Malcom Website - www.friendsofmalcom.org
Click on the Fundraising Events Tab.
Please make payment by check to CUSD/FOM. Include the name(s) of who is attending. We must have an accurate guest list for the gate.
We also have 20 VIP parking spaces at the club available, first come/first serve, for $10. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for VIP parking. However, we are providing free parking and shuttle to the venue. Parking instructions will be emailed to ticket holders.
We don't want to say good-bye to our loved RSTs! Please support this event. Friends of Malcom must meet our goal to bring back the RSTs for the 2015/16 school year by June 15, 2015.
Thank you! Hope to see you on the beach!
5/4-5/28: SBAC Testing Window
SBAC is the system of academic tests that replaced the Standardized Testing and Reporting (STAR) Program tests in English/Language Arts and math. Malcom students in grades 3rd – 5th will participate in SBAC testing from May 4th – May 28th . Make-up tests for absent students may continue into June, as needed. Please help your child to do his/her very best by. . .
- Accessing the online practice test at home
- Being present every day during the testing window
- Arriving to school on time
- Getting a good night’s rest prior to testing
- Enjoying a nutritious breakfast the morning of testing
Please note: students arriving late to school will not be admitted into the room once testing has started.
5/29: Teacher Raffle
It’s time for Malcom’s Annual Teacher Raffle
Your child can enter to win special activities or treats from their classroom teacher. Also up for raffle are being Principal for a Day, Having a Captain’s Chair (The Principal’s Chair) in the classroom for a day, First and Last Flag Salute for the 2015-2016 School year and so much more! Look for details on what each teacher has donated and an order form for raffle tickets in this Thursday’s Folder!
Raffle tickets will also be sold after school on Thursday, May 29th and Friday, May 30th.
The drawing will be Monday, May 4th and winners will be notified. 100% of the proceeds benefit the Friends of Malcom! Good Luck!!!
6/1: Music Concert (4/5th Grades)
Attention Parents! Save the Date! Instrumental Spring Concert
Wood Canyon Elementary School - Performing Arts Center
John Malcom, Palisades, and Wood Canyon Schools
June 1, Monday
4th Grade Strings 5:30pm - 6:00pm
5th Grade Band 6:30pm - 7:00pm
5th Grade Strings 7:30pm - 8:00pm
*To parents: In the event of personal conflicts, your child can participate in the alternate concert date, however please inform your music teacher with a note or email: Kory Wentzel (email@example.com), Andrea Howard (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Safety at Malcom
· All drop-offs/pick-ups are along the “loading dock” between Ridgeway and Charles Avenue. The parking lot is a fire lane and is closed to traffic. It is reserved for staff parking ONLY.
· Be extremely cautious and patient when driving in the school zone. No U-turns allowed.
· Please do not use cellphones while in the Loading Dock – we need your undivided attention to ensure the safety of the children waiting to be picked up.
· Pull as far forward along the curb as possible before stopping your vehicle. Allow room for as many vehicles as possible to pull in behind you along the curb.
· After stopping, be certain it is safe for your child to exit or enter your vehicle from the passenger side only.
· In the morning, please say your “good-byes” before your turn to unload. Traffic will move more quickly for everyone.
· Students should not arrive before 7:30 a.m. and should be picked up promptly at 2:05 p.m. (on MTWF) and at 12:50 (on Th.). Since there is no supervision beyond that time, please come to the school office to pick up your child if you arrive after 2:20 p.m. (1:05 p.m. on Thursday).
· Vehicles must not be left unattended in The Loading Dock.
· Children and adults must cross at the crosswalks only. Children should not cross between cars on Charles Street or Ridgeway or cut across the streets.
· Malcom Elementary School is located in the San Marin community in Laguna Niguel. As a courtesy to our patient neighbors on Faire Winds and White Sail, as well as the Windrift condominiums, please follow all posted parking regulations. Do not park or drop off your student in nearby parking lots or driveways. Do not block driveways or the residents in the streets surrounding the school.
· Double-parking is not allowed while you are waiting for your child at the end of the day. Just like at the airport, traffic needs to keep moving.
· Please make sure that your child and all concerned parties know the after-school pick-up arrangements before coming to school each day.
Please be aware that the Laguna Niguel Police Department will continue to patrol, enforce, and ticket violators. By working together, we can provide the most secure environment for your child. We thank you for your cooperation!
Marco Middle School SUMMER Academy
July 30th – August 7th 8:30am – 11:30am M-F
All families with students transferring to Marco Forster MS as 6th graders for the 2015-16 school year are invited to register for Summer Academy. This is a free program that allows incoming 6th grade students to explore and experience middle school with their classmates before the school year starts. Imagine no first-day-of-school jitters, knowing your classrooms and teachers, already having new friends and being able to help other students with the lunch line, lockers and more! This is the ideal way to start middle school and catch the Roadrunner spirit! Look for registration forms to come home this week and are due back to your current school no later than Friday, April 24th.
THIS IS A GREAT PROGRAM! DON'T MISS OUT!
Last/First Day of School
It’s never too soon to start planning ahead! Please see the last day and first day of school schedules below:
June 19 – Last day of school
August 25 – First day of school 2015-2016
Grades 1-5 dismissed at 12:15